Saturday, March 1, 2008

Raisins

Gross. I'm sitting here procrastinating the preparation of my lesson for tomorrow and I'm eating raisins.
I got home from the CROP Walk to find Ben and Lucas asleep on the couch - SO CUTE. We always talk about how we want Lucas to fall asleep on us and today Ben lucked out.
Anyhow, I'm starving, but can't make any noise downstairs. The pantry door creeks, so I couldn't get in there. So, my only source of nutritional sustenance was from Lucas's diaper bag. First I ate the shredded wheat, then the fruity Cheerios, and now I'm moving on to raisins. I'm really not a fan of raisins. I think they're quite gross.
I have to be pretty desperate to sit down and just eat a bunch of raisins. Lucas, on the other hand, pays homage to the raisin gods on a daily basis. He could eat raisins nonstop if we would let him. Once we timed how long it took him to shove 10 raisins in his mouth and he did it in less than 10 seconds, still picking them up one at a time. I bet he'd be even faster now.
If I didn't know any better, I would just send raisins to Iraq in hope of ending the war.

No comments: