Wednesday, June 25, 2008

tick tock goes the clock

I was walking home from the pool last night feeling young and cool when I realized that in exactly 5 months I would be turning 30. Then I started getting shortness of breath, my heart beat faster, my chest tightened and I almost died.

I can't believe I won't be in my twenties anymore. I'll really have to officially be a grown up. My knees will start to ache, I'll have to be in bed by 10:00, I'll watch the nightly news with my cup of tea, and I'll start saying things like, "Heavens to Betsey" or "Back in my day we didn't have things like GPS systems. If we wanted to get someplace we had to use a map!"

I've already started to wonder if either one of my doctor siblings can get their hands on some Juvederm for me... maybe some Botox?

Oh, this really stinks. I guess I'll put on my muu-muu and orthopedics and go cook Lucas some breakfast.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Sad... You'll never be old in my eyes :)

Dani said...

You make me laugh! I will always think your young and hip, even 5 months from now! And I already go to bed at 10:00 and I enjoy it very much! :)

Farrah said...

I joined the 30's club a few months ago. I'd be happy to share my orthopedic shoes and my metamucil any time! :)

The Wife said...

Another thing a lot of old women say is, "I remember when you were just a little baby." when talking to a teenager they have known a long time.