Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guster Show

Last night Ben and I went to see Guster at Stubbs. Now that we have a kid, we don't get out much, but whenever Guster comes to town it is a cardinal rule that we must attend.
Ben got there early and saved us a nice spot by a tree. I left Lucas at home with Andrea, and arrived just in time for the show.
A few highlights:
-They played "Red Oyster Cult", and then transitioned into Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper." And there was cowbell. It was awesome.
-Making fun of the people in front of us who must have taken 50 pictures of themselves. I really wanted to smack them because they were so drunk and annoying and kept invading my personal space whilst making out and swing dancing. Who swing dances at a concert where people are packed together like sardines? Anyhow, Ben thinks I my long history of patience has finally run it's course.
-They usually mock the encore tradition. Ryan always mentions the encore and tells you there will be an encore, how many encores, etc. This time instead of leaving the stage and making us clap for a long time, they just told us when the show was over and then started the encore without ever leaving the stage. It was great.
-And watching Brian “Thundergod” Rosenworcel is always my favorite part of the show. He plays the drums with his bare hands for much of the show. We could see him up there taping them getting ready for the set. It's amazing.
Now I need to go feed Lucas breakfast... he's downstairs looking for Andrea.

No comments: