Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sno Balls

While I was in Albuquerque last month one of my goals was to make homemade Sno Balls for my Dad. That's what I would have made him for Father's Day if I lived in the 505. When I was little my dad would buy them once in a while - they were his sweet junk food of choice. Sno Balls kind of became a joke in the family, so I wanted to recreate a super-yummy one for my Dad. Turns out he only got to eat 1 or 2. Poor Dad.
I used the cake recipe from here. And instead of using a 7 minute frosting or Italian Meringue like all the copy cat recipes say to use, we decided to go with real marshmallow. We didn't bother with the filling because I used regular muffin tins, so there wasn't much room or need for the filling. Frosting the little buggers was a complete pain because marshmallow goo is so sticky! But... they tasted oh-so-delicious. We used the rest of our marshmallow and toasted coconut to make normal marshmallows, and they were super-delish, too.
I'm thinking of attempting this in bar form to make it so much easier, yet equally delicious. I'll let you know if I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you hear there's a 12 word phrase you can speak to your crush... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you deep inside his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, treasure and care for you with his entire heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Response

This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will drive him to try better than ever before to to be the best lover he can be.

Matter of fact, fueling this powerful instinct is so important to getting the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will immediately find him open his mind and soul to you in such a way he never experienced before and he will see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.