Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Crepes

For dinner last night I made a mushroom crepe cake that I had been wanting to make for a long time. While I was in the process I decided to make half a recipe of a gateau de crepes - also known as a 20 layer cake. It was a fun way to eat crepes, but Ben thinks he prefers a regular old crepe with filling because it's easier to eat.


If I made the mushrooms cake again, I'd add some garlic for sure. And I'd use my own crepe recipe - both of these recipes resulted in flimsy, delicate crepes that were hard to turn. My recipe yields a stronger crepe.
For the dessert crepe, I might alter the filling a little. Maybe throw in a nutella layer every few crepes or make a different filling all together, perhaps with cream cheese involved... And top it with berries.
Anyhow, it was a fun experiment. I hope Ben didn't mind having such a girly dinner on such a manly day.

1 comment:

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Mmm...this loks good. I've been wanting to try taht meyer lemon crepe cake featured recently in MS Living...