Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Best Thing I Ever Ate... this week.

Today I was feeling a little adventurous, so I tried making Alton Brown's pretzel recipe. The dough came together very easily. Alton's measurements were perfect - I didn't have to add any additional water or flour. The whole process was no more difficult than making bagels - actually a little faster, because they boil for less time, and I didn't add fancy stuff like when I make bagels. The stove, however, was much more messy due to the splattering baking soda in the boiling water.
When I was done it was lunch time, so of course I had to involve a pretzel. I made an awesome sandwich that even impressed Lucas. Delish!

4 comments:

Member of the Justice League said...

I love, love, love soft pretzels. I also love the Auntie Anne's hot dog pretzel. Outstanding that you can actually make them. And make it into what looks like a very nutritious sandwich. Kudos.

Krista said...

i've seen that episode like 3 times and i have wanted to make those pretzels! i'm glad you did it and they were awesome! good job suzy!!!

Suzy said...

Lee - I totally considered making a pretzel dog. Next time I will for sure now that I know the pretzel basics. Then maybe some day I'll try using whole wheat flour... maybe.
Krista - give it a try next time you're bored!

The Wife said...

Thanks for sharing your pretzels. Even after 6 hours they were still yummy!