Friday, September 12, 2008

Fetish Friday

It's so bittersweet to see the end of Summer. I don't like bidding farewell to the pool, the barbecues, the warm summer nights, the freedom of being out of school. I also don't like to say goodbye to the flip flops, peep toes, and sandals, which bear our beautifully bronzed toes.
But, time passes, and before you know it, you put those sandals, shorts, and swim suites away in the closet. And you pull on those tight curvy jeans, long sleeve shirts, and drag out the boots - or if you have really bad taste, the moccasins.
Perhaps it's because I am from the great Southwest or because I actually have good taste, or maybe I'm just a jerk, but for whatever reason I hate moccasins. I hate them with every inch of my being. I am sad to see them listed on the Fall Trends page at Piperlime. There are lots of them. Some are tall, some are short, some with heels, some are flat. But all have fringe and some have layers and layers of fringe.
These moccasins are by Minnetonka Moccasin and can be your's for only $80. The best part is that they come with a beaded tassel that you can interchange with the feather. How awesome is that? They might as well stick a dream catcher somewhere in there, too. Ugh..
Just remember when you are shopping - if you pick a pair of these up, repeat the word "moccasin" to yourself. You will hear the word "sin" and then remember not to buy them. Please don't ever let me a) purchase a pair of skinny jeans and/or b) buy moccasins to wear with my skinny jeans. Although, if I did I could go to Sundance this year...

No comments: